11/03/2011

Gymnopédie

I love the night-time. I honestly believe that if given the choice, I would rather live at night.

At home, I love how everything gets so silent, yet humidity raises the volume of the most minute of sounds. I love how the lights burn so much brighter at night. No wonder why i never go to bed early! Haha!
A glass of full-bodied red and soft music, some good company, or an excellent book about nothing too serious. Sometimes it's even okay not having a medium of distraction... If you think about it, daydreaming makes more sense at night!
Smell the incense burning and think about all the issues that you can't during work, or class, or whatever. Look at the flame of the candles and dive into stuff that will make you fly elsewhere. Think about that trip, imagine yourself as the main character of that book... just go with it.
Do some "life math", if you will. Really, try to figure out the return on efforts so far. Apply some logic, if it helps. Just steer clear of truth tables... they don't work as well at night.
If you don't mind being sleepy, that is... I don't. It's SO totally worth it!

Every one who knows me, knows how much I enjoy a good night out. For me, any night has the potential of being great fun... And if any two people are in the right mood, the zeitgeist will take form and it will spread like wildfire.
I've lost count of the times I left home "just for coffee", and ended up on a bench, with the gang, pouring plastic coup after plastic coup of beer, straight from 1L bottles. In between conversations about nothing and everything, something does come alive. 
I confess, discos are not what I'm about. Still, there's a lot going for an enclosed space, with crazy dark lights, music and ethanol-fuelled behaviours. But what's wrong with a guy and his guitar, belting his own rendition of some soap opera du jour's theme? Everyone knows the lyrics, or maybe just the chorus, but kick in a few cold ones, some people willing to sing their hearts out and it's definitely on!
But then establishments close their doors, the taps run dry and it's time to go home. Oh well, there's still "the walk" to look forward to! It's a bit like Sportscentre: you do the highlight reel, vote for MVP, ask for commentaries from the main intervenients and ask the serious questions: "whose song was that?", "who hooked up with who?", "did you see that girl?". Well, it's been a while since I've seen that girl. Not live and not with my eyes open, at least... Haha!

In a nutshell, "42"!

Sem comentários:

Mob