12/09/2011

Best Music - 2011

Here's my choice of 2011's top 5 music:


The Head and the Heart - Rivers and Roads
Say what you want about "feel good" music... I've probably said it myself. But this is something else... something to look forward to.



Something Fierce - Future Punks
These guys have a very "roll-up-your-sleeve" attitude to punk. I love it. They sound a bit like the clash. I double-love it.



Fleet Foxes - Grown Ocean
These guys are pure brilliance. Saw them live in Lisbon (Oeiras, actually) and not even a technical fault could ruin it! My tube rides are so much better with them!!



Digitalism - Circles
Zé: "Let's go watch Digitalism!!!". Jojo: "Eeeeeeh...". How wrong was I? This is full powered music. And good, too!!!



M83 - Midnight City

This music is unbelievable. It's impossible not to feel it's huge vibe and gentle rhythm. I look forward to watching their show in Lisbon, come 2012.



Huge kudos to the subs bench:
Foster the People's "Houdini"
Kasabian's "Switchblade Smiles"
Noah and the Whale's "Waiting for my Chance to Come"
Ringo Deathstarr's "Tambourine Girl"
B Fachada's "Não Pratico Habilidades" (Huuuuuuge Kudo's for Portugal's most interesting singer/songwritter)

As a friend of mine often says: "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Sem comentários:

Mob